Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Keep In Touch

This month has been a bit difficult to deal with. This past February 26 was the first anniversary of my Dad passing away. And today was the anniversary of the memorial service we held for Dad in Boise, ID. It is difficult to remember, but important to do so. My Dad was not the type of person to pick up the phone and chat, write letters, or send cards through the mail. I can relate to that. I hardly ever pick up the phone to call and just pass time away by chatting. When I call people, most of the time is just to talk about the reason I made the call and then end the call. No chit-chat, just the facts, thank you very much. Dad didn't even own a computer, even though he could build one from scratch, so there was no email either.

Computers are different for me. I don't mind email. I don't mind staying up all night working on it. I have friends all over the USA. Many of my friends I had before the Internet was available, but most of them use email.

So why this post? Mainly it is for a reminder to not forget your loved ones. Your parents, husbands, wives, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins and your friends. Don't get so caught up in your life that you forget to send your brother's birthday card to him until two weeks AFTER his birthday. Don't become so focused on that next sale that you discover one day that six months have passed and you haven't talked to your Dad or your Mom, that you forgot their birthdays too. I pray that your family relations are much better than mine. All I have left is my sister and my brother, and he has cancer. The fact that he has cancer has not crumbled his life. He is still my brother and we do contact each other every month, whether it is just to say, "Hi, I was thinking about you. I wanted to tell you that. Have a great day!"

It is too late for my Mom and my Dad, but not too late for my brother, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, and my friends. So keep in touch, will you? They will feel good inside and so will you.

Smigly Gifts ... from the heart

1 comment:

  1. Very well said, thank you for the reminder about keeping in touch with family. My mom passed away a year ago last month, the anniversary was very hard. I pray that you are doing well keeping in touch with your family and that your brother is doing better.
    I know you from Auctiva but haven't been on the boards since my email got hacked. Hope everyone is doing well there, I'll have to get back on soon.
    Blessings,
    Lisa
    Handbags4Hunger

    ReplyDelete